Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This page describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to Meoso as straightforward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov) but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
Regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under local country law or United States law, our response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter notification. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act. Please note that in addition to being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party which may publish and/or annotate it. As such, your letter (with your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects (http://www.chillingeffects.org) for publication. You can see an example of such a publication at http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512/notice.cgi?NoticeID=861.
You can file a notice of infringement with us via email to dmca[AT]meoso.com or via the dmca removal form bellow. Submitting a notice online ensures the quickest handling and processing of your request.
To expedite our ability to process your request please fill the form or use the following format if you are contacting us directly via email (including section numbers):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed.
For example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.meoso.com/some-url/”
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above. Identify each page that allegedly contains infringing material by providing its URL.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit MEOSO to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Since our site content is user driven, Meoso will terminate repeat infringers. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact Meoso and provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer.